Friday, October 15, 2010

The Mail Service

If postage could send my heart to you, I would ship it now, overnight, as fast as can be.

You are stranded in a raft on the ocean. My heart will help you.

My heart knows the way home.

Through rain or sleet or dark of night or ocean breezes, the Postal Service always delivers,

And I never wanted you to be alone.

I don’t know where you are, because you didn’t leave a map or a constellation chart or bread crumbs,

But post codes always find their way, and if they don’t…it’s the sad tragedy of life,

When even the mail service fails.

I’ll address it:

Dear One
Stranded Raft
Ocean 1 of 4
The World

And I’m sure that will be specific enough.
The universe will make it find its way, with the post man’s help, unless there are other stranded rafts with other flags of address, or other such aspects I have not made allowances for, but I trust that you will recognize my heart when you see it. It’s the one in the brown paper roll with the plastic end caps. It’s the one addressed to you.

No comments: