Saturday, October 2, 2010

Alignment with Truth

I have a tattoo on my wrist. I also have one on my foot. The one on my wrist is the Greek word for divine, unconditional love, the one on my foot a line from an old hymn, asking for the blessing of God. If my self became wholly aligned with Truth, it would be the culmination of these two ideas: the love of God first, and the seeking for and outpouring of God's blessing second.
Before I knew it consciously, before I tattooed it, I was marked with God's love, unending, without reservation, for me. And then I loved Him, and I made that love a permanent black symbol on my arm. Because He first loved me.
Then came my supplication, my asking for blessing from the altar of that Love, my begging to be blessed in a kind of ever-present song of praise. Come Thou fount of every blessing, tune my heart to sing.
When these two concepts clash, there Truth is. When I embrace them together, then am I aligned with Truth, and then does Truth take hold of me. I become wholly devoted.