Wednesday, April 1, 2009

April Fools

First day of April should not equal waking up to snowflakes falling from the sky. Nor should it entail looking at the clock only to discover that New Testament starts in eight minutes. Nor should it involve scuffling around in the dark, searching for the black, NU sweatshirt and non-skinny jeans. Nor should it contain the coldest morning I have felt in awhile. None of these things should go together on what should be a spring day. But, alas, on this particular April Fools in Kirkland, all of these things happened to me.
At least there wasn't chapel today.
Debate is now over for the year, my weekend unexpectedly cleared up (for better or for worse), and I am wondering how in the world to manipulate light in travel photography. It's not like I can direct it into a certain space when the picture includes everything. I still have not seen the Fremont Troll, despite my most valiant efforts. On the plus side, Elizabeth Constance and I discovered the sweetest park in Fremont. Bikers and runners traversed the paved path, while random patches of daffodils sprung up beside the parallel mud one. I could hear the coach of the University of Washington's dragonboat racing team talking into a megaphone from the river. But no Troll.
I suppose life can be viewed from either the positive or the negative. Whether something was done, or something was not done. I did not find the Troll. I did discover a park. I did not feel well. I did have a lovely dinner. I did not realize the difference. I did make the change.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey Jessie! Wanted to let you know I read this and am going to further explore your blog. Good luck finding the Troll! :)
Jennifer