Wednesday, April 15, 2009

21 days left...

Alexa has a paper chain of alternating green, yellow, and red links across her wall. Everyday she pulls off another one. The remaining links add up to how many days of school we have left (assuming last finals on Wednesday). Something like Christmas.
This is a bittersweet kind of countdown. Everyday means I am closer to no more papers, no more assignments, no more cafeteria food, and no more paying for laundry. This also, however, means closer to no more roommates, no more lounge parties, no more floor events, no more 24/7 socializing. Over the past two semesters, the girls on the floor and I have become closer than I would have thought possible, more like sisters, less like forced companions. My summer will be branded a different kind of 'boring.' I will miss my two roomies; I will miss my 600 girls. But at the same time, I always have next semester to look forward to, and I suppose I will get to test the theory of 'absence makes the heart grow fonder...'

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Indeed. It has gone by quickly, hasn't it?

AJ said...

green, yellow, pink, blue, and purple.


close though. :)
I'm glad my name was blog-worthy though. Thank you for that. :)

Unknown said...

HAPPY 19TH BIRTHDAY JESSIE!!!!!! One year ago, hahaha, deodorant . . . ;)

Jenny